Hasim, AZ Mustopa, N Andrianto, Fatimah, Didah Nur Faridah (2017).
Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, Vol. 12 (5): 76-82. ISSN 2278-3008.
One of antioxidant sources is foods that contain peptides from enzymatic hydrolysis and/or fermentation by lactic acid bacteria (LAB). The availability of antioxidants in fermented food, particularly milk, is associated with the presence of LAB. Dadih is traditionally made by keeping the fresh raw buffalo milk in a bamboo tube capped with banana leaf and allowing it to ferment spontaneously at room temperature for two days. This research aimed to obtain bacteria from dadih with the highest antioxidants. Isolate Lac 3 and Lac 13 displayed the highest antioxidant activity, with inhibition capacity of 64.2 persen and 63.79 persen respectively against DPPH radical. The result showed that 6 best isolates (Lac 3, Lac 13, DS 6, DS 10, DS 12, and DS 14) were not significantly different. Lac 3 was found to be identical with Lactococcus lactic subsp lactic, while Lac 13 was identical with Lactobacillus plantarum with the percentage of similarity of 98 persen and 96 persen respectively. Lactococcus lactic subsp lactic displayed the highest antioxidant activity at the early stationary phase and at the lowest pH value of culture.
Kata kunci: antioxidant activity, dadih, lactic acid bacteria, milk
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
- Production of Mannanase from Bacillus Subtilis LBF-005 and Its Potential for Manno-oligosaccharides Production
- Isolation and characterization of mannanase, xylanase, and cellulase from marine bacteria Bacillus sp.
- Sequential Adaptation in Mammalian CHO-K1 Cells Producing Human Erythropoietin
- Microbial endophite from plant sugar-apple (Annona squamosa l.) as a producer of antimicrobial Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans
- Pemanfaatan Tandan Kosong Kelapa Sawit untuk Produksi Jamur Tiram (Pleurotus sp.) dan Enzim Ligninase
- Curcumin Analog Pentagamavunon-1 (PGV-1) Sensitizes Widr Cells to 5-Fluorouracil through Inhibition of NF-κB Activation
- Alk Positif Sebagai Penunjuk Pengobatan Terapi Target Pada Pasien Kanker Paru
- Upaya Penyembuhan Penyakit Degeneratif Dengan Kultur Mesenchymal Stem Cell
- Harapan Baru Kemajuan Terapi Klinis Menggunakan Sel Epitel Pigmen Retina Di Masa Depan
- Peningkatan Performa Pertumbuhan Kultur Sel Fibroblas Dan Aplikasinya Untuk Perbaikan Jaringan Yang Rusak