The g.422C>T nucleotide variations in the 5’ untranslated region (5’UTR) of TG gene (called as TG5) has been reported to be associated with level in intramuscular fat (IMF) content or marbling in beef cattle. The objective of this study was to confirm genetic polymorphism of TG5 gene in Bali cattle populations from three different regions as the main resources of Bali cattle in Indonesia.
A total of 200 head of Bali cattle have been performed genotyping on TG5 gene using polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment lenght polymorphism (PCR-RFLP) method and sequence analysis. Results of the study confirmed that TG5 was monomorphic in Bali cattle wherever their origin regions. Moreover, nine candidate SNPs were detected within 5’UTR of TG gene in Bali cattle compared to Genbank reference sequences, although no SNP variations among Bali cattle sample studied. The new other genetic markers within an entire TG gene suggested to be explored and verified for their polymorphisms in Bali cattle. The nine candidate SNPs were also required further verification and validation in a larger sample to be regarded as new SNPs between Bali cattle and Genbank reference sequences.(S. Anwar, A.C. Putra, A.S. Wulandari, P. P. Agung, W.P.B. Putra, S. Said)
Disusun oleh Ahmad S.S/Pustakawan
Megumi Shigehisa, Norie Amaba, Shigeki Arai, Chisato Higashi, Ryo Kawanabe, Ayano Matsunaga, Fina Amreta Laksmi, Masao Tokunaga and Matsujiro Ishibashi
We expressed luciferase (RLuc) from Renilla reniformis in Escherichia coli. RLuc was purified using a Ni-NTA column and subsequently characterized. It was unstable in acidic solutions and at 30°C. To increase the stability of RLuc, the Rluc gene was randomly mutated using error-prone polymerase chain reaction. E. coli harboring the mutated gene was screened by detecting luminescence on a plate containing the substrate coelenterazine at 34°C. Three mutants, i.e. N264SS287P, N178D and F116LI137V, were obtained. The solubilities and specific activities of these mutants were higher than those of the wild type. Furthermore, the N264SS287P mutant maintained stability at a temperature approximately 5°C higher than that of the wild type, while denaturation of the F116LI137V mutant started at a temperature that was 5°C lower than the wild type, and ended at a temperature that was 7°C higher. We examined the obtained mutations using thermal shift assays and a computer program Coot in this study.
Keywords: Mutation, Stabilization, error-prone PCR, luciferase, Renilla reniformis
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
- Aktivitas Antibakteri Aktinomisetes Laut Dari Pulau Enggano [Antibacterial activity of marine actinomycetes from Enggano Island]
- Production of Manooligomannan from Palm Kernel Cake by Mannanase Produced from Streptomyces Cyaenus
- Body Weight Estimation of Bali Cattle in Banyumulek Techno Park, West Nusa Tenggara using Several Morphometric Parameters
- Antioxidant Production Of Lactic Acid Bacteria Isolated From Indonesian Traditional Fermented Buffalo Milk (Dadih)
- Production of Mannanase from Bacillus Subtilis LBF-005 and Its Potential for Manno-oligosaccharides Production
- Isolation and characterization of mannanase, xylanase, and cellulase from marine bacteria Bacillus sp.
- Sequential Adaptation in Mammalian CHO-K1 Cells Producing Human Erythropoietin
- Microbial endophite from plant sugar-apple (Annona squamosa l.) as a producer of antimicrobial Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans
- Pemanfaatan Tandan Kosong Kelapa Sawit untuk Produksi Jamur Tiram (Pleurotus sp.) dan Enzim Ligninase
- Curcumin Analog Pentagamavunon-1 (PGV-1) Sensitizes Widr Cells to 5-Fluorouracil through Inhibition of NF-κB Activation