Hasim, AZ Mustopa, N Andrianto, Fatimah, Didah Nur Faridah (2017).
Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, Vol. 12 (5): 76-82. ISSN 2278-3008.
One of antioxidant sources is foods that contain peptides from enzymatic hydrolysis and/or fermentation by lactic acid bacteria (LAB). The availability of antioxidants in fermented food, particularly milk, is associated with the presence of LAB. Dadih is traditionally made by keeping the fresh raw buffalo milk in a bamboo tube capped with banana leaf and allowing it to ferment spontaneously at room temperature for two days. This research aimed to obtain bacteria from dadih with the highest antioxidants. Isolate Lac 3 and Lac 13 displayed the highest antioxidant activity, with inhibition capacity of 64.2 persen and 63.79 persen respectively against DPPH radical. The result showed that 6 best isolates (Lac 3, Lac 13, DS 6, DS 10, DS 12, and DS 14) were not significantly different. Lac 3 was found to be identical with Lactococcus lactic subsp lactic, while Lac 13 was identical with Lactobacillus plantarum with the percentage of similarity of 98 persen and 96 persen respectively. Lactococcus lactic subsp lactic displayed the highest antioxidant activity at the early stationary phase and at the lowest pH value of culture.
Kata kunci: antioxidant activity, dadih, lactic acid bacteria, milk
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
Yopi, Nanik Rahmani, Alifah Mafatikhul Jannah, Irfan Pebi Nugraha, Roni Masri Ramadana
Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Applied Chemistry 2017
AIP Conference Proceedings. Vol. 1904, Issue 1: 020022-1–020022-9
Published by AIP Publishing. 978-0-7354-1594-2
Endo- -1, 4-mannanase is the key enzymes for -1,4-linkages within the mannan backbone releasing manno-oligosaccharides (MOS). A marine bacterium of Bacillus subtilis LBF-005 was reported have ability to produce endo-type mannanase. The aims of this research were to compare commercial biomass Locust Bean Gum (LBG) and raw biomass contaning mannan as carbon source for mannanase production from Bacillus subtilis LBF-005, to analyze the optimum condition of mannanase production, and to find out the potential of the mannanase for MOS production. Bacillus subtilis LBF-005 was cultivated in Artificial Sea Water (ASW) medium contain NaCl and various mannan biomass as carbon source for mannanase production. The cells were grown in submerged fermentation. The maximum enzyme activity was obtained with porang potato as a substrate with concentration 1 persen, pH medium 8, and incubation temperature 50°C with an enzyme activity of 37.7 U/mL. The mainly MOS product released by crude mannanase produced by Bacillus subtilis LBF-005 were mannobiose (M2), mannotriose (M3), mannotetraose (M4), and mannopentaose (M5)
Kata kunci: Bacillus subtilis.,cellulase, hemicellulase, marine bacteria, oligosaccharide, mannanase
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
- Isolation and characterization of mannanase, xylanase, and cellulase from marine bacteria Bacillus sp.
- Sequential Adaptation in Mammalian CHO-K1 Cells Producing Human Erythropoietin
- Microbial endophite from plant sugar-apple (Annona squamosa l.) as a producer of antimicrobial Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans
- Pemanfaatan Tandan Kosong Kelapa Sawit untuk Produksi Jamur Tiram (Pleurotus sp.) dan Enzim Ligninase
- Curcumin Analog Pentagamavunon-1 (PGV-1) Sensitizes Widr Cells to 5-Fluorouracil through Inhibition of NF-κB Activation
- Alk Positif Sebagai Penunjuk Pengobatan Terapi Target Pada Pasien Kanker Paru
- Upaya Penyembuhan Penyakit Degeneratif Dengan Kultur Mesenchymal Stem Cell
- Harapan Baru Kemajuan Terapi Klinis Menggunakan Sel Epitel Pigmen Retina Di Masa Depan
- Peningkatan Performa Pertumbuhan Kultur Sel Fibroblas Dan Aplikasinya Untuk Perbaikan Jaringan Yang Rusak
- Sel Punca: Harapan Baru Bagi Pasien Gagal Jantung