Popi Hadi Wisnuwardhani, Endah Puji Septi Setyani
Annales Bogorienses, Vol.21 , No.1 (2017) : 15-20
The production of recombinant proteins for clinical applications using mammalian cell technology has become a prevalent system because of its capacity in assembling functional proteins. One of the main problems with CHO-K1 cells is that this cell has to grow in the presence of serum. However, the presence of serum will complicate the downstream step for protein production. Thus, protein produced in media without serum, theoretically, would be easier to purify. Technically, this type of cell can be produced by growing the CHO-K1 cells in serum-free media by using adaptation method in suspension condition. This research showed that through sequential adaptation using conditioned media, the CHO-K1 cell line that produces the human erythropoietin gene (hEPO) was able to grow in suspension culture using serum-free media. Based on Western blot analysis, it showed that the protein (hEPO) was able to be expressed in suspension culture with molecular mass of about 47 kDa.
Ruth Melliawati dan Sunifah
Berita Biologi, 2017, 16 (1): 69-83
Various studies indicated that endophytic microbes lived in the plant tissues and produced antimicrobial compounds. Sugar-apple plant (Annona squamosa L) contained alkaloids, cyanogenic glycosides, and flavonoids. The purpose of this reasearch were (1) to determine the endophytic microbes isolated from sugar-apple plant (2) to study inhibiting capabillity of endophytic isolate against Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans, (3) to analyze antimicrobial compounds produced by the potential endophytic isolate. Diffusion agar plate methode was used to assessed antimicrobial activity. Antimicrobial compounds were analyzed by Thin Layer Chormatography (TLC) and High Performance Liquid Chormatography (HPLC), compared with erythromycin, metronidazole and tetracycline. Twelve bacterial isolates and 24 fungus were isolated. Selected bacteria, BMC 1.1, showed the biggest clear zone on C. albicans culture on agar medium, meanwhile selected fungi, BTCK 1.1T, formed the biggest colony on S. aureus culture on agar medium. TLC and HPLC analysis showed that the Rf value of BMC 1.1 and BTCK 1.1T chloroform phase fractions was similiar to metronidazole. Metronidazole concentration in C1, C2, Ck1 and Ck2 fraction were 170.98 ppm, 18.27 ppm, 1.51 ppm and 4.14 ppm respectively.
- Pemanfaatan Tandan Kosong Kelapa Sawit untuk Produksi Jamur Tiram (Pleurotus sp.) dan Enzim Ligninase
- Curcumin Analog Pentagamavunon-1 (PGV-1) Sensitizes Widr Cells to 5-Fluorouracil through Inhibition of NF-κB Activation
- Alk Positif Sebagai Penunjuk Pengobatan Terapi Target Pada Pasien Kanker Paru
- Upaya Penyembuhan Penyakit Degeneratif Dengan Kultur Mesenchymal Stem Cell
- Harapan Baru Kemajuan Terapi Klinis Menggunakan Sel Epitel Pigmen Retina Di Masa Depan
- Peningkatan Performa Pertumbuhan Kultur Sel Fibroblas Dan Aplikasinya Untuk Perbaikan Jaringan Yang Rusak
- Sel Punca: Harapan Baru Bagi Pasien Gagal Jantung
- Mengenal Aptamer Si Oligonukleotida Pintar Dalam Diagnostik Molekuler
- Metagenomik: Penelusuran Makhluk Tak Kasat Mata Dalam Tanah
- Transplantasi Sel Punca Bakal Sel Gamet Untuk Mempelajari dan Memanipulasi Spermatogenesis