Awan Purnawan, Yopi, Tun Tedja Irawadi (2017)
Biosaintifika: Journal of Biology & Biology Education, 9(1), 73-80. p-ISSN 2085-191X
The increase of public attention to health has prompted researchers to look for new sources of functional food. Palm Cake Kernel (PKC) waste was abundant in Indonesia, Oligosaccharide has an important benefit for human health. Recently oligosaccharide is not only important as an artificial sweetener, but also as a functional food component. This study was aimed to produce oligo-mannan enzymatically from PKC waste using mannanase derived from of Streptomyces cyaenus isolates of indigenous Indonesia. The enzyme concentration was determined by enzyme activity assay while oligo-mannan content in the PKC was analyzed using TLC and HPLC. Mannanase enzyme activity of 1706 U/ml on the second day of agitation 200 rpm at a temperature of 30°C Hydrolysis of mannooligomannan by using mannanase produced by streptomyces cyaenus. The optimum mannanase enzyme activity obtained on day 2 with the value of the activity as much of 0.702 U/mL. The protein content of the 2nd day at an agitation speed of 150 rpm, 200 rpm, and 250 rpm, respectively, were 1783, 1950 and 2283 ppm. Streptomyces cyaenus is Indonesian original isolates potentially producing mannanase that can produce mannooligomannan
Keywords: Palm Kernel Cake (PKC); Streptomyces cyaenus; mannanase enzyme; mannooligosaccharide
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
Paskah Partogi Agung, Widya Pintaka Bayu Putra, Saiful Anwar, and Ari Sulistyo Wulandari.
Buletin Peternakan 42 (1): 20-25, February 2018
This study was conducted to find the best linear regression equation to estimate the body weight (BW) of female Bali cattle in Banyumulek Techno Park, West Nusa Tenggara based on three morphometric parameters, i.e. withers height (WH), body length (BL), and heart girth (HG). Data collection was conducted by random sampling of female Bali cattle (1-5 years of age) in Banyumulek Techno Park. A total of 63 female Bali cattle were used in this study. The parameter of WH (distance from the ground level to the highest point of withers) and BL (distance from the shoulder joint (later tuberosity of humerus) to the pelvic bone) were measured with a measuring stick. The HG data (circumference around the chest at the fourth rib) was measured with a measuring tape. Identification of age was carried out based on the animal recording book and incisors condition. The descriptive statistic analysis (mean value, standard deviation, the coefficient of variation, minimum and maximum value) of the morphometric and BW data were performed using MS Excel 2017 program. The linear regression equation analysis and the comparison between actual and estimated BW values (Independent sample T-test) were performed using SPSS 16.0 program. The BL and BW parameters had the highest correlation coefficient (r) value (0.86). The test result showed that the predicted BW value of female Bali cattle was not significantly different with the actual BW when using G model of linear regression equation (three variables used). The G model of linear regression equation had the highest R2 value (0.84). However the R2 value in the F model with two variables (BL and HG) was also high (0.83). It can be concluded that the simple linear regression equation BW=(0.96)(WH)+(1.26)(BL)+(1.57)(HG)-284.92 are the best model to estimate the BW value of female Bali cattle in Banyumulek Techno Park.
Keywords: Bali cattle, Body measurement, Body weight, Correlation, Regression
Disusun oleh: Ludya AB/Pustakawan
- Antioxidant Production Of Lactic Acid Bacteria Isolated From Indonesian Traditional Fermented Buffalo Milk (Dadih)
- Production of Mannanase from Bacillus Subtilis LBF-005 and Its Potential for Manno-oligosaccharides Production
- Isolation and characterization of mannanase, xylanase, and cellulase from marine bacteria Bacillus sp.
- Sequential Adaptation in Mammalian CHO-K1 Cells Producing Human Erythropoietin
- Microbial endophite from plant sugar-apple (Annona squamosa l.) as a producer of antimicrobial Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans
- Pemanfaatan Tandan Kosong Kelapa Sawit untuk Produksi Jamur Tiram (Pleurotus sp.) dan Enzim Ligninase
- Curcumin Analog Pentagamavunon-1 (PGV-1) Sensitizes Widr Cells to 5-Fluorouracil through Inhibition of NF-κB Activation
- Alk Positif Sebagai Penunjuk Pengobatan Terapi Target Pada Pasien Kanker Paru
- Upaya Penyembuhan Penyakit Degeneratif Dengan Kultur Mesenchymal Stem Cell
- Harapan Baru Kemajuan Terapi Klinis Menggunakan Sel Epitel Pigmen Retina Di Masa Depan